Free Pub Quizzes - free quizzes and answers available instantly. Quizzes cover general knowledge, trivia and a range of themed rounds.
|Free Pub Quiz 8||
Purchase Quiz Books
Play Pub Quizzes on your home computer
Who wrote ‘The Jungle Book’?
2. Who played the title role in the film ‘Shirley Valentine’?
3. What does an ‘oologist’ (pronounced oo-all-o-gist) collect or study?
4. Who had hits with ‘I Am a Rock’ and ‘The Boxer’?
5. How many US States names begin with the letter ‘A’?
6. Which founder of the Mongol Empire took a name that translates as Emperor of All?
7. Who, in 1943, wrote the book ‘The Gremlins’ which was
later turned into a successful film?
9. In February 2000, Frodo Baggins was the first what to enter Britain
under a new scheme that had originally been suggested by the Monster
Raving Loony Party?
12. In what year did decimalization of British currency take place?
13. Who was the British actor who won an Oscar for his part in ‘The
Bridge over the River Kwai’?
15. What was the Wright Brother’s first plane called?
16. Which town on the River Thames is associated with a Royal regatta first held in 1839?
17. Which Scottish City is known as ‘The Granite City’?
18. Which breed of spotted dog is named after an Adriatic Coastal region?
19. With which wood did Thomas Chippendale mainly work?
20. Which Shakespeare play features two sets of twins?
21. Who is the Captain that hunts Moby Dick in the Hermann Melville novel?
22. Which imaginary line follows the 180 degrees line of longitude?
23. In the stock market, what is the opposite of a bull market?
24. Who was the Greek God of sleep?
25. Which language is an official language of Canada, Belgium and Switzerland?
26. Apart from being rivers, what do Shannon, Forth, Tyne and Humber have in common?
27. Which British football team won the European Cup in 1967?
28. In television, what do the initials CNN stand for?
29. Who was the first footballer to be knighted?
30. Which Wiltshire Cathedral has the highest spire in England?
The questions contained in these pub quizzes have been used in pub quizzes that the authors of the site have either attended or have written themselves. Whilst efforts are made to ensure that the answers stated are correct, it is possible that mistakes have been made. Please e-mail us with any corrections.